Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
This recipe reminds me of springtime. This Lemon Poppy Seed bread has a beautiful glaze on top and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee.
Write a review
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¾ Cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 1 ¼ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 regular sized bread pans or 4 mini sized bread pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the lemon mixture until smooth. Finally, stir in the Poppy Seeds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake separately for 45 to 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Invert onto a wire rack, let cool for 10 minutes before pouring on the glaze. Make sure to evenly distribute the glaze to each of the bread loaves.
- Cut, eat and enjoy!
- If you are cooking in mini bread loaf pans, you should reduce your bake time to 40 minutes and then check every 5 minutes from there if they are still not cooked through.
Tori Winkelman http://toriwinkelmanbooks.com/