“And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”’
Luke 8: 24 & 25
When our lives begin to spiral out of control our first instinct is to start questioning. Why is this happening to me? What did I do wrong? How can I fix this? These are all questions that may make sense to us in the moment, but where is our faith in the Lord? He is the One who sees and knows the bigger picture. When the disciples were on the boat and the storm was raging before them, filling their boat with water they started to panic. Not only did they forget that Jesus was with them, but they forgot their faith in Him.
We often times forget that God is in control of everything that happens in our lives. On the boat with His disciples, Jesus rebuked the wind and the water and immediately the storm ceased. What is the wind and water in our life that is making our faith falter? We need to remember that God is in control, He protects our hearts, and He knows our name. The Lord commands the storms in our life, we just need to put our faith in Him and know that He never leaves us, He’s right next to us and will always protect us.
- 3 Pears
- 6 Tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- 6 Teaspoons Honey
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and half the pears then core them with a melon corer making a well in the middle of each pear.
- Place them on the prepared cookie sheet and fill each well with 1 tablespoon of gorgonzola cheese. Drizzle each pear with 1 teaspoon honey.
- Place on the lowest oven rack and bake for 30 minutes. At 15 minutes, you may want to cover with foil if the cheese is overbrowning.
- Enjoy them on top of a salad or by themselves.
- If you don't have a melon corer, use a spoon.
- 3 lb. Beef Chuck Pot Roast
- 1 (16 oz.) bag Baby Carrots
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 (10 ½ oz.) Cans French Onion Soup
- Garlic Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Liberally season the Beef Chuck Pot Roast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt and place in a large dutch oven or 9 x 13 Pyrex dish.
- Peel the potatoes and dice into large pieces, put directly into the dish. Next, put in the baby carrots and fill the dish up with water until it just covers the top of the roast.
- Place in the oven and bake for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until tender.
- You can’t go wrong with this roast. You can add or omit any vegetables you’d like. Make sure you season the roast liberally to ensure great flavor, I like using salt and garlic salt.
- Also, make sure you check the roast to be sure the water hasn't gone down too far, if it has, put in another cup of water.