Summer Strawberry Salad
Who doesn't love strawberries? This salad is fresh, sweet, tangy and perfect for a hot summer day.
Write a review
- 10 oz. Bag Spring Mix Greens
- 1 lb. Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Small Purple Onion, Julienned
- 4 oz. Pinenuts, toasted
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese Crumbles
Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Half and Half
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy seeds
- ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam
- To make the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together until fully combined in a medium bowl and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Toss all of the prepared Salad ingredients together except for the Goat Cheese in a large salad bowl.
- Serve the salad with the Strawberry Poppy Seed dressing on the side or tossed in, whatever your preference may be. If you decide to serve with the dressing tossed in, do not pour the entire thing in. The dressing makes a lot of servings so start with ½ cup and then add tablespoons at a time.
- Put the goat cheese crumbles in a small bowl and let guests sprinkle the cheese on top.
- A quick way to toast the pinenuts is rinsing them with water, placing them in a paper bag , fold the paper bag over to close, then microwave 1 minute. If they aren’t toasted to your preference, microwave in 30 second increments until they are (an Alton Brown tip).
Tori Winkelman http://toriwinkelmanbooks.com/